Blended Diploma in Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
This course is designed for individuals who want more than an introductory course in RCR, RSI, CoI, SASHFWE but are unable to complete an MSc Program.
Responsible Conduct of Research
International researchers are often not aware of the standard and knowledge of RCR that is required of researchers in the U.S. The training will help participants to understand integrity, efficiency, reproducibility, and objectivity in implementing research projects. The course will provide participants with knowledge of core RCR topics
Creating a safe and sexual harassment free working environment is an urgent priority and an important component of responsible conduct of research. The standards for this are evolving rapidly and local guidelines are needed to take account of local variations.
This is a 3-month blended program in RCR with
• Online component (online lectures, discussion forum and quizzes). The online lectures are hosted on the Center for Bioethics and Research website.
• Offline In-Person Weekend Retreats where concepts are further clarified, discussions on case studies to examine RCR issues and how to resolve them are held and examinations conducted.
• Research Team Members
• Health Research Ethics Committees’ members and administrative staff
• Institutional/Signatory Officials
• Institutional Research Integrity Officers (RIO)
• Postdoctoral Researchers
• Principal Investigators
The training will teach participants about
• Understand the principal features of RCR, RSI and its violations
• Understand conflict of interest
• Introduce students to contemporary issues, provide a rational basis for exploration of, and implementation of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA), Safe and sexual harassment free working environment (SASHFWE)