Master's Degree in Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
This course is designed to offer advanced training and research in the principles and practice of responsible conduct of research.
Responsible Conduct of Research
18 Months (2 Academic sessions)
Having had basic knowledge of research conduct, the participants will be exposed to advanced training in the principles and practice of Responsible Conduct of Research. Through the MSc training, the participants will be better able to understand and appreciate integrity, efficiency, reproducibility, and objectivity in implementing research projects. The MSc training will provide participants with knowledge of core RCR topics. Upon completion, participants will be awarded the MSc Bioethics degree of the University of Ibadan.
This is a blended program in RCR with
• Online component (online lectures, discussion forum and quizzes). The online lectures are hosted on the Center for Bioethics and Research website
• Offline In-Person component where concepts are further clarified, discussions on case studies to examine RCR issues and how to resolve them are held and examinations conducted.
• Research Team Members
• Health Research Ethics Committees’ members and administrative staff
• Institutional/Signatory Officials
• Institutional Research Integrity Officers (RIO)
• Postdoctoral Researchers
• Principal Investigators
The training will teach participants about Research integrity and the accepted professional standards and norms in the conduct of research.